Friday, November 4, 2011

Practicing what I preach

Sometimes I get the chance to practice what I preach. Monday I posted about the fear that I was struggling with. I am grateful to say that I am trusting God more each day and leaving the fear behind. Being honest and admitting the truth went a long way towards dealing with the fear.

We have been getting bills weekly and watching the medical costs for a pregnancy without coverage stack up quickly. My 8 week check alone cost 1,200. At my 12 week check yesterday they were going to do labs and an "elective" ultrasound. Though I knew my heart would be comforted seeing that little gummy bear on the screen I knew we didn't have another 1,200 for an ultrasound, so we canceled it and simply left my check up with the doctor.

Unfortunately the doctor was not able to detect a heartbeat in the exam room and sent me straight to ultrasound regardless of costs. As I sat waiting the fear began creeping in. It was a great opportunity to pray earnestly and simply trust that God would take care of us, and this baby.

The heartbeat was quickly seen and I will admit I teared up instantly with relief! Apparently our little gummy bear is so very active that "he" was moving too much to detect a heart beat this early with the normal doppler. So I happily watched the little "guy" stand on his head and kick like a champ. With a heart rate in the 160's the tech said our little dude was "chugging along."

If this baby is as active as his big brother I am in TROUBLE. All I can say is BRING IT ON! Oh and...When is naptime?



The picture is a little blurry, since a certain someone refused to be still long enough to have their picture taken. If you look closely and are good at interpreting ultrasounds you can actually see a leg in the air. Kick little guy kick! :)

While I hope there are not more opportunities to practice what I preach in this way I do hope that I continue to rest in the peace of my Savior!!!

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4

"Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10






1 comment:

  1. I know it sounds silly to believe in old wives tales but with a heart rate of 160? That little "dude" is most certainly a little "girl." ;)

    *hugs8

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...