Monday, December 19, 2011

Big Boys & Date Nights!!!

We made it to two years, which is the new AAP recommendation for rear facing car seats. While I would have loved to go longer, and our car seat was purchased for that specific purpose, my growing belly was creating huge problems wrangling him into his car seat. So we embraced the inevitable and have a real life forward facing traveler along for the ride. He LOVES it! He was so excited I couldn't distract him enough to get a picture and had to settle for a side shot of pure joy!



In other news, because I know how excited you will be, we got our first date night in 6 months! Oh how overdue some quality alone time was! Connecticut meant no babysitter and somehow the chaos before leaving and upon returning stretched into 6 months! We talked a lot this weekend about being more intentional in our time together.

It was glorious, thanks to a restaurant gift card and a happy insurance refund we were able to have a loverly little date! Aiden spent the night with Mimi and Poppy which meant no baby monitor and no natural alarm clock. It was a much needed break that will fuel us for the weeks ahead.

Now if I can figure out cheap on the fly date nights for after monkey goes to bed, I will be happy as a lark! Hmmmmmmmm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...