I want a pattern that is one size, no snaps, pocket in the back, and perfect. This pattern does not yet exist to my knowledge in the cloth world. My softbums comes close only it doesn't have a pocket, the elastic is a toggle system, and so I fear adding a pocket may be difficult. Hence my quest for the perfect pattern.
I found what is NOT the perfect pattern:
In theory it is awesome. It is designed to have a fold down flap making it ultra adjustable from birth to potty training. Only in this it fails sadly in my personal opinion. It has a shocking amount of velcro, Shem joked we should velcro the whole front, sadly that is the only way it would work. You are intended to fold it down only as much as needed for the size of your baby, yet only folded all the way will it actually stick to the velcro as intended. This method will fit a newborn, and poorly at that. Unfolded entirely it fits Aiden decently at 2 years, 30 lbs, size 2T. So I guess if you are looking at sized diapers and want a Newborn and Large this might make you happy.
However my husband was impressed with my mad sewing skills, and for that it was worth all the frustration of a failed pattern!!!
So now I am thinking, pondering, mulling...and going to the drafting board. I think modification of multiple diapers and the drafting more or less of my own pattern will get me to a decent place. Not one size, but in all honesty that is okay. It will still be cheaper. Plus we have thought through logistics and come to the conclusion that we can put the new baby in our old softbums and use our current stash of fabrics to make diapers for Aiden. It is a win win, at least for now! Plus he looks so cute in cloth!
No comments:
Post a Comment