Aiden has been a huge helper today! I am amazed at how well he has done. He helped me do a massive load of dishes this morning before we started all of our festive baking. We did great playing with the dishes as Mommy washed them, that is until we found the measuring cup. Luckily the "flood" happened at the end of the experience and wasn't that hard to clean up. We both ended up a little wetter than normal but hey it was a learning experience and fun too!
He has also helped me bake cookies and pumpkin bread! I am pretty sure I caught him sneaking a bite of dough the second my back was turned. There was lots of extra sugar consumption as well, but that is what the treats are for right?! He was such an adorable helper and we had such a fun day!
This year we actually have an even mix of traditional foods from both sides of the family. I think this is the first year that has been the case. I love melding two families and making our own traditions all at the same time!
What is the best part of all those treats you bake up? Eating them of course!!! When Aiden wasn't stirring he was eating, whether it be fresh cookies, or plain sugar, he loved every minute! It wore him out so thoroughly that he had to take a break and have a juice box, baking cookies is hard work friends!
Oh and just in case you stop by please don't be alarmed at the state of my manger scene. You see it seems that a very significant baby is missing. Why?
It might just be because Aiden is currently obsessed with baby Jesus. Apparently when you are two it is not acceptable to ONLY have the baby Jesus that comes with your play set, you need ALL the baby Jesus' you can get your hands on. Of all the things to be obsessed with at Christmas I think my sweet child has found the greatest thing of all. I am so grateful for the faith of little children and all that they can teach us.
Here is hoping your Christmas is filled with thoughts of baby Jesus and the true meaning of the day we celebrate. Merry Christmas friends!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment