Wednesday, January 25, 2012

6 Months!!!

24 weeks and getting closer to viability every day.



This week I seem to be very reflective. Thinking back on this time with Aiden, and how very different it was. Different isn't bad.

With adoption the milestones are different, and you have to wait a lot longer to achieve them. Just call it a 15 month gestation. Or for us, around 14. We found out about Aiden when his birth mother was about 4 weeks along. Then we waited the normal 8 more months, then 72 agonizing hours, and finally 6 months till finalization.

I imagine our hospital experience will be much different. There won't be policy confusion, or questions about who does what. Her "parents" will be obvious. With adoption you aren't immediately afforded that luxury because it isn't legal yet. It comes with its own set of stressors.

I am looking forward to escaping that particular part!

I will admit I have carried more fear with this baby than with Aiden. Though that doesn't seem logical in any way. Aiden was by far no guarantee, yet I never blinked, never feared. Somehow I KNEW he was our little man. Yet with baby girl there has been intense moments of fear. The entire first trimester I dared to breathe for fear of loosing her. Gratefully those physical symptoms have for the most part subsided and God has given me a peace. Whether we cherish life with her or not, this is our baby girl just as Aiden was from the moment we heard about him! I will cherish each and every moment given and pray for a long and happy life together.

Reflection over for the moment, and a few long awaited photos of sweet baby girl. I can't believe two weeks have gone by without posting her sweet pictures! Sorry!!!



Sweet Baby Girl!



In 3D, and smiling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...