This is a "happy" baby proofing method we have recently adopted...
You see our way way WAY old school doorknobs get loose and finally fall off, all the time! It is beyond irritating. None of them match. There was no silver lining until we figured out that we could simply use the doorknob as a key, keeping Aiden out with the securest of baby proofing. SCORE!
Until today.
It was 10 minutes until nap time, we were lazily playing hide Mater (from the Cars movies) in Mommy's bed. Then I heard that click, the one that sends a pit flying to the bottom of your stomach. We were locked in.
Breathe.
I was frozen for a moment until I realized that I better get busy trying to break us out. I found a screwdriver that Daddy had left while working on a recent project. SCORE! Or not so much. None of the pieces fit into the doorknob hole allowing us freedom. Okay on to plan B. I began removing the doorknob from the closet door, screw by screw. It is a bit of a complicated system (just trust me) and many screws later I had freed the knob and we were OUT.
I might add that Aiden's head hit the crib at exactly nap time. Oh yeah, this Mommy is just THAT GOOD. You may feel free to call me MacGyver.
Just don't tell him that I later found that only one screw had to be removed on the knob itself. That is our little secret mkay ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment