Friday, January 6, 2012

It is gettin' big up in here...

Sometimes I have these moments where I look down at my "little" monkey and find myself tearing up. Shem and I were talking just last night about how big he is getting. For a while longer he is still our "baby" but the truth is he really isn't a baby anymore. Babies growing up is hard on a Momma. Somehow in our head we still see them like this...



Those days remain vivid, perhaps from lack of sleep, perhaps because of the joys and trials of growing into a parent. It is different for everyone I am sure. I still gasp sometimes as I look down and see this...



He is a little giant and he lives in my house. He no longer cries for his every need (though some days it seems that way haha). He is independent and has a personality, and a mighty strong will! I love every minute of this adventure and I must admit I still love those moments that catch me by surprise, even if tears shortly follow.

Aiden isn't the only thing getting big...





Unless I lean over I can no longer see my feet. It is a very strange phenomenon. One I still can't believe is reality.

I was cleaning out my jewelry box the other day and found a receipt dated 7/8/06. It was our first pregnancy test. Little did we know that many moons later we would be declared infertile, struggle through treatments, and finally realize our dreams of parenthood not through pregnancy but through adoption.

I certainly never thought that God would release me from my dreams of pregnancy at the same time that life grew within. Weeks before we knew I was pregnant I had decided that my heart truly wasn't in pursuing further fertility treatments, but in adopting again instead. God has funny timing. I still can't believe the miracles he has brought into our life. Both with our sweet Aiden, and our little gummy bear.

Our God is BIG, and so is my belly :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...