Monday, January 9, 2012

What IS he thinking???

Sometimes I wonder what is going on in that little head of his. You can see the wheels turning, but because of his lack of speech you can't always figure out what he is trying to "say," much to his frustration. He now repeats almost EVERYTHING you say. Sometimes I feel like saying "Mommy he is copying me!" A few words are beginning to make it into his vocabulary on his own and we are so pleased with his progress.

His speech therapist was amazed at how far he had come in two weeks. Now we are focusing on choices, so that he has to assign the words to the correct object, instead of just repeating them with no concept of their meaning. Oh, and twizzlers have found their way to our cabinet so we will soon be working on that lazy jaw!

One of my biggest questions of late has been how much he understands of the big change coming our way. He knows what a baby is, can point to them in pictures, and sometimes repeats us when we point to Mommy's baby belly. Yet how much does he comprehend in reality? How difficult will transition be for him, and for us?



He sweetly shares his Lasagna, so that is a start. Right?

Sigh. When we first came home from CT we had a play date with a friend who had a 4 month old. Aiden was fascinated! Yet over our trip home cousin Judah was a different story. Judah is 7 months old and Aiden ignored him, unless he was taking his toy, or jealously pulling at Daddy's leg when he held Judah.

OH BOY.

We also seem to be regressing in certain areas. Like our sudden need to be held all the time, especially if drinking milk. Or how about his desire to be fed instead of doing it himself. Is this normal, or maybe just a phase? I don't know.

I am not really worried, I just understand that we have things to work on and transition may not be as simple as I hope. That is okay though! We will take it one adventurous day at a time!

Until then I will enjoy the extra snuggles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...