I am beginning to feel very pregnant. I feel it is safe to say that the simple pregnant sway has morphed into the not so pretty waddle, especially if I am tired! The new aches and pains are accompanied by a suddenly very active little girl which daily makes me smile! She might just be a gymnast some day :)
I will say the last few weeks have brought about a wave of emotions I was ill prepared for. I guess I thought since I seemed to skip that part of early pregnancy that I was free and clear. Not so much. The water works have caught me by surprise many times over the last days, much to my poor husbands dismay.
I think part of my sudden emotional surge is the realization that the time is coming very fast. Not only that but we are in no way prepared. Luckily with your second you realize that not much is needed to take care of a newborn! By this point when we were "paper expecting" Aiden we had the nursery finished, the closet stocked, and if memory serves correctly we were half packed for the trip.
What have we done for Ms. Emma Grace?
She has a bed! Oh and a name!
That is about as far as we have gotten. Yes there are 5 or 6 outfits in the closet and an ultrasound picture on the wall, but that is all my friends. Most people expecting their second didn't give away ALL their baby stuff so it is simply a matter of pulling it out of storage. My mother in law joked that if we bought expensive furniture we would get pregnant. Instead we simplified our home, decided to travel, and gave away all our baby stuff. It was an infertility issue what can I say, a woman's heart does NOT always make sense!
I did save one box of gender neutral things...maybe I should have the hubby dig it out. It might just make me feel more "prepared!"
Ready or not, she will come in her own time. I intend to enjoy every minute of it too!
No comments:
Post a Comment