Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Call me by name...

I posted yesterday about how much progress Aiden has made with his speech. One thing I left out was a word that is lacking...Mommy.

Sure he knows who I am, and he has said it on occasion, though rarely directed at me. In all honesty it is the thing that follows please, like the cherry on top if he REALLY wants something. That would be my fault. In the "early" days I always followed please with Mommy because I wanted to hear that word so desperately even if it held no meaning for him.

What I REALLY want is to be called. I want him to run through the house calling my name. I want to hear it from his crib in the morning, or when he gets hurt and needs some extra loving.

I want to be CALLED.



This morning Aiden woke up a little early crying owwww, poor little thing is struggling with his molars and a growth spurt. So I brought him to bed with me. I have been extra indulgent in our little moments together because I know that life is about to change big time. A change for the better, but I understand he might not feel that way at first. So I relish those quiet moments with him.

As I watched him snuggle into me and snooze for a few more minutes I prayed quietly over him. It was in those moments that a realization hit me. As deeply as I want to hear my name called out, to be recognized in that way, how much greater is my heavenly Father's desire for the same thing?

Ouch. It was a painful revelation for me. I am going to be flat out honest, in the busy day to day I can often forget to call out to my Father throughout the day, to make him known in all the little moments as well as the big life events.

I am also very aware that my relationship with my heavenly Father directly impacts my children. It is in me that they will most often see a reflection of Him, for they spend more time under my care than anyone else. What kind of reflection will they see?

So in the hustle and bustle of baby preparation I want to make sure that my heart is prepared too. For that is the most important gift I will ever give my children.



1 comment:

  1. Always enjoy the little things in life especially now!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...