This week I "feel" pregnant. Gone is the modest cantelope at my waist and in its place is a slightly awkward basketball, shortly making its way to the watermelon waddle. Things that I took for granted are becoming increasingly difficult, you know like bending over, getting up off the couch, and picking up my 32 pound monkey. Sigh.
I often have joint problems but yesterday I became very aware of the softening and widening going on in preparation for the big day. It started innocently enough, Aiden wanted to build a train track in his floor. Lets suffice it to say that Daddy finished the track while Mommy perched awkwardly on the couch in a futile attempt to quiet the throbbing in her hip. My floor days are over.
Strangely enough as I get more uncomfortable I am actually loosing weight. Next week they will do an ultrasound to make sure Emma Grace is growing properly since I am not gaining weight as I should. I am measuring on target so they are not overly worried yet.
I will admit the first trimester fears are creeping back in and I am having to trust in a whole new way. God has protected us this far and I have no doubt that he will continue to do so, even if it is not in a way that I would choose.
Here is to many more weeks of growth...and reaching that watermelon waddle!
No comments:
Post a Comment