I think the truth is that it doesn't. Sure the seasons of life ebb and flow so the busy gets a little different now and then. Yet when it seems to "slow down" we simply find something else to fill the quiet.
I am a very busy person by nature. Yet in the past few years I have come to love a bit of that quiet as well. I guess adding a tiny person to your life can do that. The slow days at home are a welcome relief to the chaos of the world around us.
Lately those quiet days haven't existed in this house.
I think even Shem has started "nesting" and we have accomplished so much in this little house over the last few weeks. Most days we cross off many things on my seemingly endless to do list. Some days we are working all day and nothing gets crossed off, I guess my list isn't perfect :)
Yet things like this seem to pile up...
I like an EMPTY email inbox. My emails come straight to my phone and to the best of my ability I deal with them immediately. Yet right now it is jam packed with things that need attention. YIKES
I have fallen behind on blogging, fb, you name it and I am probably behind. I guess for a season I need to realize that it is okay and give myself a little grace as we are preparing for a huge life change!
Its just one of those ebb and flow moments, and the busy has changed. I have 6 weeks to figure out the new busy and adjust to life as "normal." Then it will change BIG TIME.
I can't wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment