They spill things.
They put things were they don't belong.
They are messy.
They are constantly learning.
They often get into things they shouldn't.
It might be a bad parenting move to take pictures of kids in "compromising" situations. Yet I find it a good reminder of where we have been. I am often reminded that these little learning moments can be blessings in disguise. The above picture was attempt 3 of our current 4 "entertainment" set ups. Obviously it was not successful. Yesterday we learned something new.
Sometimes toddlers unplugging things saves you big bucks.
The building we live in was hit by lightning during a thunderstorm yesterday. The power flickered a bit when it happened and I wasn't surprised to find our internet out after the event. Shem waited until after Aiden went to bed to reset everything so that Aiden wouldn't have a reminder of all the good times to be had with the cords.
He gave up after he discovered our internet modem was fried. This morning he took it to Comcast to exchange it for one that works. He ran into our neighbor who confirmed the lightning strike and told Shem that he had lost some electronics. So Shem starts hooking everything up only to find that our wireless router, which was only 3 weeks old and on our dime, was dead. Joy. The great news is that we were unaware that our photo storage home computer information highway thingamajig that saves all the good stuff had in fact been unplugged.
Thank you sweet Aiden for saving us big bucks, and for reminding me that sometimes the little "mishaps" in life are actually blessings in disguise.
Whew! Go A man! I happen to love that our little ones are so exploratory ... even when I have to sigh, roll my eyes, and throw my hands up in the air!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your toilet is REALLY clean. I'm impressed.