Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Comfort...


Why is it that we often refuse to be comforted during times of pain?

We do it with family and friends. We do it to ourselves. Sadly we even do it to God. He never leaves us yet so often we refuse to take comfort in Him, refuse to cast our burdens at his feet and allow our strength to come from Him.

Is it because we desire independence or we want to live within our own strength? Who knows. It is simply human nature.

It starts early. When a little one falls doing something they know they shouldn't do Momma still rushes in to both reprimand AND comfort. Hugs and soft words are often met with rejection. Sometimes one would simply rather leave the comfort of Momma's arms and cry alone on the floor.



I would like to say I don't understand, sadly I often do the same thing. You might not see such clear outward evidence for I don't throw myself down screaming, but in my heart I am refusing to be comforted.

Momma doesn't leave, I am still right there.

Jesus is still right there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...