Monday, August 8, 2011

Hartford Month One...



Today is officially 4 weeks into Shems contract. Though we have been here in Hartford for 4 weeks and 3 days if you are actually counting.

We have already learned so much. So much about ourselves, relationally and as individuals. It has been a growing experience for sure, but a good one.

There have been days when we wanted to end this adventure and call this our last assignment. We do miss the comforts of home and the friends and family we left behind. There have also been days when we have dreamed big about all the possibilities that we have in front of us.

My husband is a dreamer. I have struggled with that in the past and probably will in the future. He loves adventure and change. I thought I needed stability. Yet I have realized that in a way when I desperately cling to my comfort zone, my routine, and the things that surround me... I am making them an idol.

It has been so good for me to leave it all behind. No matter how many more assignments we take or where we go I know that this experience has changed us. Change is good.

Enough chit chat, here is Hartford month one in review...

- At the beginning of July we packed it all up in a minivan and left home behind

- We had some major a/c and sleep issues while settling in to our new apartment. We are now back to two naps and sleeping better than we have in a very long time. After 20 months of sleep deprivation I can honestly say that I am so so glad to sleep again.

- Aiden saw the beach for the first time. He LOVED it. We have spent lots of time at the pool since then and Dadda is so glad Aiden is half fish :)

- Lightning hit our building a week or so ago. We lost a few electronics but thankfully several were saved when Aiden unplugged them!

- We have enjoyed ice cream and all things summer. The cooler weather makes me actually enjoy this time of year. We are so very grateful for all the time to play.

- We have found a church to visit while we are here and are so grateful for a place to worship in our home away from home.

- I have made it back and forth to Target AND the mall without getting lost!!!

- While Aiden is still not talking he did throw the "ma" sound in with his streams of babble last week. I got very excited. Hopefully his speech will take off soon!

That is about all of the interesting things we have done in the last few weeks. We have lots of fun adventures planned for the next few weeks so stay tuned for all the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...