With the demands of a toddler I struggle to pull together a decent meal with a monkey pulling on my leg wanting my attention. It is okay, I would rather snuggle him than eat a four course dinner. Shem, well, he likes to eat!
Since Aiden has gone back to two naps and is napping until dinner I have truly enjoyed cooking. It is relaxing, especially when I can just dump the dishes into the dishwasher!!!
So today I decided to try to cook for about 2 weeks. Just to see if I could ease my way back into "OAMC." I cleaned the kitchen, organized the fridge, and took my incredibly detailed grocery list to the store.
The prep work was pretty...
The dishes were not...
All in all I was on my feet cleaning, prepping, and cooking for 6 straight hours. While I enjoy the 14 meals prepped and ready in my fridge and freezer it was certainly a lot of work. I am not sure I will attempt it again. It was lots of work and not much fun. Why take the joy out of my leisurely afternoon cooking?
Now what shall I do with my afternoons?
Nap yourself! :)
ReplyDelete