Saturday, August 13, 2011

Motherhood is a Calling...


Momma friends read this. It has totally changed my perspective on Motherhood.

Since I was a little girl the only thing I ever wanted to be was a Momma. I didn't dream of a career, I dreamed of raising babies. Lots of them. All I wanted was to spend my days raising babies.



I never knew what that would take.

I knew there would be sacrifice. I knew I was giving up a way of life for another. I never knew how exhausting it would be or how much of myself I would have to give up. I never realized how very selfish I was.

I am so grateful for conviction. I am grateful for the reminder that Motherhood means sacrificing myself in light of the gospel for this child. It is not about me, it never has been.

It is time to cling to the cross and loose myself. It is time to live the gospel even when no one is looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...