Friday, February 11, 2011

Date Night!!!

Fourteen Months. Aiden is fourteen months. Sure we have had "dates," rented movies, and eaten ice cream. We have even taken the occasional dinner out, or caught a movie in the theater. Real dates, like when we were only two, they just don't happen when you have an infant. There is no money, and the ever present struggle to fit things in between naps and before bedtime weighs heavily into the picture.

BUT THEN...

Oh glorious day :)

Aiden had his first sleep away last night at his Mimi and Poppy's house. I worried that he wouldn't sleep. I worried that he would wear them out. I worried that he wouldn't behave. Mostly I worried that they would decide they NEVER wanted to do it again.

I needn't have worried. Aiden is amazingly adaptable, he is so easy going, and such a GOOD baby. No, he isn't the best sleeper, but he has the best personality. He was amazing, and Mimi even said he could come back and do it again!

AND SO...

Mommy and Daddy had a night out on the town. We were ready for adventure, the kind that doesn't include lugging a diaper bag. Yet, we didn't know what to do. So we pulled out the computer and started scheming. What could we do that would cost little to no money? Well let me just tell you...





Shem dreamed big as we strolled through Best Buy!!!



Then he took me to one of my favorite places, post it note heaven!!! I was so good, I didn't buy a single thing ;)



We used a gift card and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. We lingered, eating slowly, and of course sharing a piece of our favorite Banana Cream Cheesecake. YUMMY!



Then we went house hunting, even though we are NOT in the market. We love our little house, but hopefully we will continue adding to our little family and someday find our little house to be... a bit too little.



Our grand purchases for the evening! If you see him, ask Aiden what happened to Momma's nail polish collection. Trust me when I say, it wasn't pretty!



Then we went to a movie at the discounted theater, AFTER DARK (see I even took a picture to prove how dark it was outside). Wow, told you we knew how to party it up big time. Hahaha :)



I had to get a couple of pictures with us in them, much to Shem's dismay :)!!!



We shamelessly stopped for a late desert (our second!) and also found Annie's organic pasta on sale. I saved almost 14 dollars on 6 boxes! I was soooo excited about it, oh and chunky monkey too! :)



We even ate breakfast in bed! Though it was so late, we might just call it brunch!!! 8 glorious hours of sleep with no baby monitor, and no alarm clock. It was worth its weight in gold I assure you.

We so enjoyed our time together, refreshing the tired parent muscles, and connecting once again as a couple. Though I must admit, I was very glad to see my little monkey once more, and the separation just made the reunion that much sweeter. Of course Aiden might have preferred staying with Mimi ;) for just a bit longer.

Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...