Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!!!



This little buddy has been my friend in recent days. Or maybe I should say, my ENEMY. Aiden has been walking a grand total of 2 or 3 months (I have a headache and can't remember). We bought his first stride rite walkers in a size 3 just before he started walking. I was soooo excited. They were just precious.

In all truthfulness he had most likely outgrown them before he ever took his first step. I had NO IDEA how quickly they grew out of shoes at this age. Shortly after he started walking he started fussing at me each time I attempted to put his shoes on. That is when I found my little buddy, the online shoe measuring guide! Because really, who has time to go get your kid measured all the time???

I measured him on January 19th at a 4.5! I was so horrified. My poor kid had learned to walk with incredibly pinched toes! With Momma guilt behind me, I headed to the consignment store to attempt to find a bit more affordable alternative.

I was so excited to find stride rites that had hardly been worn (now I know why!) for well under ten dollars instead of the thirty plus they are in the store. I also found a really cute pair of size 5 shoes for like a dollar and went ahead and bought them ahead of time. I guessed he wouldn't make it into the size 5 before spring, but they were only a dollar after all.

Aiden's shoes still go on "easily" but again he is fussing. Part of me says he just doesn't like shoes, the other side of me acknowledges his recent growth spurt. Though it had only been a little over THREE WEEKS I measured him again just to be sure.

REALLY? REALLY?

Oh my goodness the savings account needs to start right now! He is measuring at a 5.5 already. As in he went from a 4.5 right through the 5 I have in the closet to a 5.5 and possibly beyond, in a mere THREE WEEKS.

I will hit up the consignment store soon. I will buy a size SIX, thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...