We follow fads and fashion as if our life depended on it. Constantly changing the style of our hair, our jeans, and the colors displayed in our home. Keeping up with the Jones' may just be a figure of speech but it doesn't make it any less real.
Well I am tired of it! I don't really give a hoot what the Jones' have. For in the end it won't really matter what they have, or what they wore. We are supposed to store up our treasures in heaven, and I am pretty sure heaven doesn't care that my jeans are name brand or my bathroom is the latest trendy color.
I struggle to fit in, and I care what people think. Be honest, you do too. I have never been popular, or fashionable, yet I have tried to fit in to some degree. Well guess what, I don't. That's okay, as long as my heart is right with my Savior and I seek to honor Him it doesn't matter what kind of jeans I wear!!!
Hey we are all fearfully and wonderfully made anyway which means we are all DIFFERENT! Maybe we should embrace those differences instead of working so hard to be like everyone else. It is too much work, and it never works anyway.
It is like a good pair of shoes...

Really, is there anything more womanly than a good pair of heels? Granted, I have bad knees and can't wear them, but oh how I love them. The height that makes you look thin and long legged, the gracefulness, and that glorious clackety noise they make as you walk. Paired with a great frilled top, sweater, and skinny jeans. OH YEAH!

The more accurate picture of reality in my case includes a nice pair of flats. Thankfully it is easy to find super cute ones these days. Throw them on with a cute shirt and a pair of nice jeans and you go from tired Mommy to a real bona-fide woman!
Let me be honest though, if you dig deep in my closet, it is then that you will find the real me. The me I hide most often, the truth of who I am...

Thats right...KEDS. Don't act like you didn't own a pair back in the day! Their beautiful simplicity right down to the blue rectangle on the back speaks of yesteryear, and the me I try to hide. You see, as hard as I try to be cute, and fashionable...I really DON'T CARE. Please just let me have my comfy non popular jeans, my plain old t-shirt, and my Keds. Life is just happier ;)
So I am trying to live in my own skin, to be who God created me to be. If the shoe fits, I just might wear it. It could very well be, just a pair of Keds.
No comments:
Post a Comment