Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tradition...

If you ask anyone in my immediate family they will loudly tell you that I am a HUGE fan of tradition. If we loved it once, and ever did it again, then it is tradition and must be repeated often. My Dad loves to tease me about my infatuation with all things I deem "tradition" within the family.

My Dad recieved one of these when he was a child...



He drove my Granny nuts with it. I bet you will never guess what one of my very first toys was? Ok, so maybe you guessed it. My Granny was determined that I would drive my parents crazy with a popcorn popper, just as my Dad had.

My Granny passed away before Aiden was born and so my Dad was left to carry on the tradition with his grandchildren. Before Aiden could walk, one of his very first toys was a popcorn popper. Aiden has recently discovered its glorious clackety charm. I smile as he loudly walks through the house with his treasure, and remember my Granny.







Tradition lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...