Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yellow. Friend, or Foe?

Months ago I realized the room I like the least is our bedroom. Sure it is small, but the real problem lies in the fact that upon moving in we simply threw the furniture in it, and have done nothing since. In thinking back, that is what often happens with our bedroom. Now I know we don't spend much time in there, but that doesn't mean it needs to be an abysmal hole of gloom. YES, I am exaggerating.

Think about it though, shouldn't our bedroom be a place of retreat to regroup as a couple. If you hate going in there you won't find much regrouping going on. Instead it becomes a habit to plop on the couch and put on a movie. That is a habit we are trying to break at our house. Some nights I admit that there is NO BRAIN left. If Aiden and I have been home alone for 14 hours while Shem worked, then I am in mommy exhaustion mode and in no position to carry on a decent conversation. However, in creating a place that we love it is my hope that we will retreat with our books and sweet conversation and begin to enjoy our room again.

So in my endeavor to enjoy my bedroom I decided that Christmas was a great time to bring in a few new things. Literally that is all I asked for. Revamp was the game, overstock.com was the place, oh and ETSY! Love that site!! I have been itching to start our big project but have been having a little trouble with my yellows...



The color currently test drying on our walls is a terrible shade of lemon ice cream or something else dreadful. I do NOT want to look at it every day.



I want this delicious deep yellow that is in our awesome new pillow!



So for now our project is on hold and our paint samples sit sadly on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...