Yesterday was one of those "off" days, where all you want is a good chick flick, a carton of ice cream, and a box of kleenex. None of which I had. My Mom was awaiting some potentially devastating test results, which were negative, PRAISE THE LORD! So I woke up on edge, counting down the minutes, like a ticking time bomb.
With good results, a nice long shower, and fresh hot pink toenails, I set out to run some errands...
As I walked to my car I noticed our basement door was open. It is almost NEVER open. I had retrieved the mail only an hour earlier and am sure I would have noticed it open at that time. So lets just say FREAK OUT. Now we had used the door over the weekend to haul out some junk for pick up. In the hustle it must not have been securely closed and locked. The wind must have blown it open.
Or there is SOMEONE IN MY HOUSE?
So I sat like a beacon in my car, with my baby, to call my husband. Apparently they had someone from another floor answering the phones. I was told he wasn't there. I confirmed the correct floor, wing, and that my husband was a Nurse and not a patient. Nope, not here. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Several phone calls later, one neighbor watched the baby, while another neighbor and her dog came into the house with me. After eating a huge piece of humble pie as to the state of my house after my stressful morning it was confirmed that no one was in my house, nothing was askew, and everything was properly locked and secured.
Tick Tick Tick
After a night of flared allergies, and practically no sleep...
Tick Tick Tick
That was breakfast, in the dark, while Shem continued sleeping...on the couch.
That meant nap time was at 7 am!!!! Worn out Momma, cranky toddler, lunch at 10am...I think we have gone through more than 24 hours in the last 24. Is it the weekend yet?
Tick Tick Tick
No comments:
Post a Comment