Monday night Shem worked and I was left alone to handle the night time wakings of our dear sweet monkey. All EIGHT of them. Yes, you did in fact read that right, it is not time to get your eyes checked. Most newborns don't wake up 8 times! I wish someone would explain that little fact to him, I have tried and utterly failed. He might have needed Tylenol for the FOUR eye teeth he is cutting at one time, however Momma was too incoherent to think of that or properly administer medication. So we just didn't sleep. It is not that unusual, though it was one of our rougher nights by far.
Last night found two overly tired parents praying for one of those nights that leave us sighing with relief after waking well rested. He got up once. He slept until almost EIGHT.
Who is this child?
I don't expect it to be something that sticks, but with the chaos surrounding our lives right now as we are 8 days from departure it was such a blessing. I woke up all by myself, no alarm clock, no crying baby. At 7:45 this morning I could be found sitting on my couch quietly sipping Pepsi. Did you catch the quietly part, or was the word Pepsi too distracting? When I say quiet I really mean almost creeping me out silent. It was so weird, and so so very wonderful! It made for one happy Momma who snapped a few pictures of our perfectly lazy morning. Just for you, but mostly for me...
PRAISE JESUS! :) That is AWESOME, mama. I bet you don't know what to do with yourself, you're so rested.
ReplyDelete