Friday, June 3, 2011

Toys, toys, toys...oh and MORE toys!!!

As we prepare to hit the road there is much to accomplish. Packing for the road and getting the house in order has become the "song" stuck in my head and at times it can be overwhelming. It will all get done one day at a time. Just maybe not today!

Yesterday Aiden decided not to take his afternoon nap (more on that another day) so my work time was very limited. The basement is currently a no play zone as we have so many projects going in preparation to leave. Sadly that limits me to naptime because lets face it I simply don't have the energy once he goes to bed for the night.

What can you do with a tag along? Go through toys!!!! I had already decided to accumilate all of his toys from the living room and basement into his room for easy consolidation. I wanted to have to bins of toys two alternate as we travel with the larger or heavier toys left home for our time here.

Before I show you the following picture let me just say that I think less is more. I think kids these days have too many toys! Other than things I bought at yard sales in my days of nannying we really haven't bought all that many toys. The grandparents, well obviously that is another story...



Sad right? I mean the poor kid is practically begging for more toys! I actually did a video scan of his room since there is more you really can't see in the picture. I jokingly asked him to say more toys please. He politely responded by saying and signing please with fervency.

He now has two rotating rubbermaids full of toys for the road and a much more reasonable AND organized stash in his room. Pure Momma bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...