Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wacky Weather...

Sometimes weather pops up without any warning. Yesterday was like that. I was running an errand when the weather alert interrupted my radio, there was a tornado near my house. By the time I got home the sirens were going off as I whisked Shem and Aiden downstairs, you know for the "ten" minutes left on the warning.

Lets just leave it at ten minutes turned into over two hours, with three hours worth of sirens going off every 5 to 10 minutes. We hibernated in the massively messy basement, with a cranky toddler who was begging for bedtime. It was a very long night. It ended with a flash flood and I am not sure if we have yet rescued our trash can which floated down the road. Sigh.





It is a funny thing, the timing of this storm. I had been talking yesterday with a friend about flexibility, especially with kids and their sleep schedules. I never knew how quickly I would get to practice that flexibility. When I jokingly said I would rather put Aiden to bed at 9:30 instead of pulling him out of bed for round two of the storms I had no idea he would be up till after 10:30. It certainly was an exercise in flexibility as we creatively kept him "happy" in a less than perfect environment. Just for the record he got an A+ in good behavior, Momma well I am not sure how I did in the anxiety level. I guess I still have a little work to do :)

1 comment:

  1. Anxiety? Sounds familiar. ;) Gotta love our flexible toddlers! I think we need to learn a thing or two from them! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...