Saturday, June 11, 2011

Forever Times A Year...

One year ago today we sat in a courtroom waiting on a judge. Waiting on a judge to legalize what was already present in our hearts.

Adoption can be a very complicated thing. The paperwork seems literally endless. There are moments of fear and anticipation each step of the way. Each milestone is a relief, each paper signed is one step closer to the end.There were moments where I wasn't sure we would make it to that day, and our adoption went smoother than most.

In that small moment surrounded by family and dear friends the judge uttered just a few words. I will be honest and say I don't even remember what they were. I do remember realizing it was DONE. It was final, he was ours and no one could change that. I will forever remember how I squeezed him just a bit tighter, how the love blossomed, and how the peace grew.



Aiden Elias Freeze we love you more than words could ever express. We are so very grateful that God has chosen us to be your parents. The last year has been such an adventure watching you learn and grow into the amazing little boy you are. We pray God blesses us with many more forever years. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...