Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nap Time Transition...

I have been dreading the inevitable. Most of the children Aiden's age transitioned to one nap long ago. I admit I LOVE two naps. I generally work during one and rest during the other. In the past Aiden has simply made these transitions on his own when he was ready, we kind of like it that way.

Aiden is transitioning on his own once again. Unfortunately he is in love with his morning nap and is practically unconscious by mid morning. This leaves him fighting or refusing his afternoon nap. This is NOT a good plan as it leaves us with a very cranky little monkey all evening and an overtired baby come bedtime who doesn't sleep well. Lets just say the last week has been exhausting and full of those whiny moments Mother's don't enjoy.

Operation drop morning nap begins NOW.

Yesterday we were VERY successful in our attempts. See...



Daddy thought he was watching tv so it was purely accidental. I will admit the picture is worth any delay we ended up with! Luckily (if you can say that) he woke up before 6 that morning and his nap was only 40 minutes which was just enough to push through until the afternoon. He took a three hour nap yesterday afternoon and it was such an encouragement of possible things to come.

Today we are doing much better waiting on our nap. Its 8:40!!!! Okay so I guess we have a longggggggg way to go.

Now how am I going to get my shower????????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...