We have 10 days.
10 carefully planned days. Yet plans never quite work out the way you expected. I am sure the next 10 days will be a supreme exercise in flexibility. Shem has returned to night shift at the hospital which is definitely a change for us. He seems to be adapting well while I am struggling a bit more.
I think the reality that we are saying goodbye to friends, family, and our sweet church for 3 months is weighing on my heart. With the joy of our adventure comes sadness as well. We are leaving behind our comfortable bubble and spreading wings not knowing if there is a net to catch us should we fall. It is an opportunity to trust God with our future in a way we have not yet experienced.
We will be stretched in so many ways through these changes, some of which we don't even see coming. Yet it is in the stretching that we grow into different people. Hopefully our growth will bring us closer together as a family unit, closer in our walk with Christ, and include some fun along the way!
Until day 9...
No comments:
Post a Comment