Today was one of those days.
Today I was denied medical insurance. The things that cause my infertility also put me at a higher risk for cancer later in life. Apparently that makes me an insurance risk.
Every time I move past my emotional struggles with infertility it seems to get thrown back in my face. I was doing SO GOOD. I am loving life with my little family and trusting that if we never have more children that this is God's plan for us. I am a Momma to one, and that is okay with me. However when your husband calls and says um you were denied coverage it makes you feel just a little bit more broken. So thanks for that Anthem, I so appreciate it!!! Dripping sarcasm inserted here. Haha
This makes our plans for the future change just a bit. We can get insurance without preexisting condition clauses through some of the travel nursing agencies, but it limits our selection and means we need to sign a contract sooner than expected to shorten our lapse in insurance. We would just cobra the insurance we currently have but it is 1300 dollars a month, and its not that great. SERIOUSLY? Whatever.
So my brain is a muddle, Nevada may be the place, and I feel like I am spinning.
I know that God is in control and has a plan in everything. Perhaps it is to teach me more fully to trust in Him. We have said since the beginning of this adventure that flexibility is key. I just didn't think THIS would be an issue. God has never failed to take care of us, and He is faithful. In that I know I can rest.
So what does one do with a "Happy almost birthday punch in the gut?" Well one goes shopping with their Momma of course! A new purse and some PF Changs...

Yes please, I think that might be just what the doctor ordered :)
No comments:
Post a Comment