Wednesday, June 1, 2011

That horrid number 103...

It it the number mother's dread seeing on the thermometer. It is the thing they fight so very hard against. Yet sometimes we have to see it no matter how many alternating doses of Tylenol and Motrin administered. Sigh.

Aiden spiked a 103 yesterday evening after running around 100 for two days. He is teething so the milder temp didn't phase me much. That 103, now that is a different story altogether. Lucky for me I was home alone and my sweet Nurse was in a movie and virtually unreachable. Thats okay cause Aunt Kerri is a nurse too!

Sure I could handle it "on my own" but it is scary and I DON'T LIKE IT!

So after a practically sleepless night 6 am still found us at 102.6 which had me in the shower ready to be on the doorsteps of his doctors office for their 8-9am walk in hours. However by the time his latest dose of meds kicked in and he had showered his temp was almost normal.

He had a day full of fun with cousin Sean!!!







Sadly his temp is now making a steady climb back up. Another long night?

1 comment:

  1. I hope not! I loathe fevers in our little one ... I hope you all get rest tonight and that his temp is back to normal ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...