Monday, June 27, 2011

An Ode to Cloth...

I love cloth diapers. It is a passion I share gladly with anyone willing to listen. It is something I could talk about for hours. It is one of the very few things on my must have list for raising babies. I love, love, love them.

As we prepare to travel we made a decision as a family to discontinue cloth diaper use. It is one of the saddest things about our new adventures. Don't tell me all the reasons we can still use cloth, I know. Yet I also understand that like many parenting issues it is something that is a personal family choice. For our family we have decided that with the insecurities of bathrooms and laundry options we might face in our many different homes away from home that cloth is more than we can handle. Even my sweet husband is saddened by our decision, and that my friends is saying something huge.

We are committed to travel nursing for a year, for better or for worse. That is 3 or 4 assignments based on length to decide if this lifestyle is a keeper. We feel it will take that long to get our feet underneath us and truly grasp the joys and struggles it can provide. By the time we round out that year Aiden will be almost 3, if he isn't potty trained by then he should be close, and to return to cloth isn't logical.

It has been a glorious 18 months of cloth tooshie, and I will dearly miss that sweet colored bum running through my house. We would do it again in a heart beat, and maybe one day we will have that opportunity. For Aiden, tonight is his last night in cloth.















1 comment:

  1. You do what you need to do, mama! It's your family & your decision. I support you in whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...