Thursday, April 26, 2012

Long Hard Days...

Let's talk about long hard days, or maybe I should correct that, long hard weeks. At our house our "calendar" isn't normally chaotic. I am a stay at home mom and not overly social so there isn't much going on.

The last two weeks have been a HUGE exception.

We have been slammed with appointments and general chaos nearly every day. Aiden is also still working on four molars and what has now been determined is "simple" growing pains. We saw the pediatrician yesterday who ruled out other options with a quick blood test and told us the treatment suggestion for growing pains is banana's! UGH of course it is. So I guess we will just kiss the owies and start sleep deprivation training before Emma Grace even arrives. Add the lack of sleep at our house to the crazy schedule and Mommy AND Daddy are exhausted.

Today was the "worst" and to be honest I have been dreading this day as it loomed large before us. Let's start the day with an early OB appointment, race home to two appointments with speech therapist co-ordinators, and scramble through our afternoon before relishing the moments with our church Community Group.

By 8:30 it was even more complicated than expected. Shem has a certification that MUST be updated via a class at work by the end of the weekend. OOPS. So I fought tears all the way to the OB with my huge list of questions knowing I would be racing home so he could leave. I would also be handling the afternoon appointments solo which wasn't expected. But hey, I am glad they could squeeze him in, his job is kind of important to our family's well being!

My appointment and Aiden's did not go "as planned." I am managing to keep myself together thanks to one thing...


Mater is on my nearly frozen juice box.

Nope I don't need chocolate, or a pillow to scream in. I have Mater and some seriously good apple goodness. I am insanely easy to please sometimes!

Now here is the update:

I am 2 cm dilated, 60% effaced, and at a -2 station. If that means nothing to you it is okay, just know I am making progress towards little girls arrival!!! I have one last ultrasound on the 7th to double check big girls weight. Yet reading between the lines my OB barely tried to hide I will not make it to that appointment but will deliver before then. Let me tell you that is OKAY by me.

On the Aiden front, he will have a new speech therapist beginning next week as the one we have worked with is leaving the program. I managed not to cry, a huge feat for me today. Aiden LOVES her and they have a routine that he knows and understands. Hopefully some one new will push him forward and not cause regression. He had his 6 month "evaluation" today and I was very surprised and a little saddened that the goals we set 6 months ago have still for the most part been unmet. While he has made amazing progress with the number of words used, he is using them mostly to label things and not to communicate. His level of communication with familiar and unfamiliar people is still no where near what it should be. So with slight alterations and additions we move forward into the next 6 months with much the same goals as those set in December.

It has been a long day friends, I just might need TWO Mater juices :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...