For those of you who are familiar with adoption you know that the journey to your sweet baby is a bit different than that of a biological one. When you adopt things like parenting classes or "maternity" pics are not really thought of. Piles and piles of paperwork take their place. With Aiden we were told to prepare for up to 5 weeks in Illinois because of weather and holiday delays within the court to file the necessary papers that would allow us to cross state lines and take our baby home. Newborn photos weren't scheduled either because of this possibility.
When I contemplated doing maternity pictures with this pregnancy I knew that I wanted Aiden to be a key component and to somehow show the significance of our period "expecting" him as well. I honestly considered not having photos done at all, but this pregnancy is a miracle and it might be something we never experience again.
So I passed along my thoughts and desires to our amazing photographer hoping that along the way my hearts desire would end up on film. Even I didn't know exactly what that meant. Yet in 3 or 4 pictures he captured the beauty of adoption and the differences that make up the threads of our family in a way that both takes my breath away and brings me to tears.





All pictures by Mr. Tim Miller of B.E.S.H. Photography, check him out {here} and show him some fb love! If these were the only shots we got I would probably be happy, but there are over 120! Stay tuned for part two...
Now does anybody have a Kleenex?
No comments:
Post a Comment