Saturday, April 14, 2012

Playing Catch Up...

This last week Shem worked two days, had meetings on the third, and worked another two. That is five in a row if you weren't counting :) Trust me, I was!

Somehow during those 12 plus hour days I fell behind in blogging and housework. Maybe it was the overactive toddler, or the exhaustion of the final stretch of pregnancy, or even the fact that Aiden and I were a bit under the weather at the beginning of that work stretch.

Whatever my excuse :) we seem to be playing catch up. So here is a look at our last few days, since you missed it! It is exciting stuff my friends :)

- Aiden practiced pushing the stroller around the house while Mr. Ducky took a ride. Lets just say a license should be required for that, and Emma Grace will not be test riding with him at the "wheel" any time soon!



- Aiden has put two words together many times this week. This is such an encouraging development for Mommy and Daddy. Not to mention that it is a bit easier to determine what it is he is asking for so insistently!

- We made rice crispy treats, since I was craving them. I was happily cleaning the pot when Shem decided it would be a good idea to steal it out of my hands AND finish it off. I told him he was risking his life taking a craving out of a pregnant woman's hands, to which he replied that I was taking the joy of a fat man. I say he looses the argument, but he says he finished the dish so he wins. What say you? Yeah, that is what I thought :)

- This week in speech therapy Aiden played with a doll as part of his interactive learning. The doll made real life crying sounds and giggled. Aiden sweetly hugged it and said "is otay" while it cried and near about melted my heart. Seconds later he "shared" the near by animal toys by stuffing them in the dolls face. I can see that we have many exciting moments coming our way!!!

- We were beyond blessed with two baby showers this weekend! Stay tuned for a more detailed account, and a few pictures of the pink that now occupies our sweet home!!!

That was our week in a nutshell, thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...