As I wouldn't be returning to work I scheduled my last day two weeks before his expected arrival just so I could accomplish things like last minute packing and doctors appointments I wouldn't have time for with a new baby. I was full of anticipation and mopped floors and cleaned bathrooms about once a day. This house was spotless! The nursery was perfect of course, untouched and set up with three times what we would need.
With Emma Grace the preparations are different. Yes I have slowly completed months of carefully thought out to do lists, and have stocked the freezer with two weeks worth of meals. The stocked meals were the most helpful preparation when we returned with Aiden. Between friends and family plus the stocked meals I don't think we cooked for a month!
The nursery, well it is covered with cars and lego's. The floors are not so much mopped and if you look closely you might find a nice coating of dust on various missed surfaces. This time I have the whale sized belly holding me back, and an active toddler "helping" me in my preparations. It is a huge understatement to say that those things make a difference.
Yet over the last two years I have changed. My level of OCD (not for real but pretty close haha) has dropped significantly. I have learned to live in the moment, let the little things slide, and enjoy my family. I have also learned to accept my limitations whether they be physical or just the reality that you can't do it ALL and love on a toddler too.
So yes some deep cleaning is in my future (now that I have been "cleared" for such tasks) and I will continue to do what I can to prepare for her coming arrival...
BUT
I also realize that adjustment will take time, life will not be perfect, and it is OKAY. So bring on the dust, the paper plates, and a little extra fast food. All the while making time for extra snuggles and quiet moments with our soon to be family of FOUR!!!!!!!!
What a beautiful post!! Then, to see it signed with your precious name, FAITH! Such a statement, too, of how life is lived with a growing family. Praying for all of you and excited to hear the coming news!!
ReplyDelete