Sunday, March 6, 2011

15 Days...

Today is day 15 of sickness in our house. It is getting really old, really fast. Sweet baby Aiden started it 15 days ago spiking a 103 temp with what I thought was an allergy flare up. He recovered long enough for us to attend our Membership Classes at our new church, where he caught a stomach bug. Momma caught the stomach bug Wednesday night, and woke up Friday morning with aches and congestion. I have gone downhill and succumbed to the fever and chills. Of course I have been the sickest on the days Shem has worked his normal 12+ hour shifts. There is nothing like being so sick you don't think you can stand up, and having a toddler who, I dunno, wants to eat. Lets just say quick recovery is impossible when you are unable to rest.

So today my sweet husband has "banished" me to the basement. He is upstairs taking care of Aiden, and doing the dishes! I am downstairs in the spare bed, with hulu and plenty of hand sanitizer.

He brought me chicken soup, then he went to the grocery during Aiden's nap and picked up some of these...



Silly me I passed by them in the store this week thinking we don't need them, we never use them. My poor nose thinks otherwise.

Hopefully a whole day resting in bed will be enough to kick start my road to recovery since Dadda goes back to work tomorrow. We have so much on our calendar next week. Now if I can just catch up on 15 days worth of sporadic laundry we will be just fine.

But for now, I am grateful for a Husband who watches over me, and brings me soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...