We think Aiden has food allergies. I have talked about this before, and I will talk about this again. It seems to be the all consuming thought in my head lately. I am overwhelmed. While I know that a non life threatening food allergy is not the end of all things good, it is still rocking my world. Trying to wrap my head around completely changing the way we cook and eat is hard. Once I finish the "million" little tasks of my day there isn't much sanity left to creatively think up ways to cook without all of the common ingredients.
BUT
The drastic improvements in my child's health and demeanor are so very worth it! If sleeping through the night, breathing normally, and quieting an explosive stomach can only be found in a drastically altered diet...BRING IT ON!
We thought it was just milk. So we switched to Soy. After 2 weeks of Soy building in his little system we are right back where we were. So I called the Pediatrician. He called me back himself, let me just say that our Pediatrician rocks! We had originally decided against blood testing since we had such definitive results just from elimination. The prospect of multiple allergies is a different story which needs to be addressed. So this Momma took her little boy, pinned him down, and watched blood flow from his tiny veins. I was so brave and didn't shed a single tear. He was braver still, and amazed me. I got to the car, and cried. Oh well, at least I tried.
Silly little monkey didn't even notice his arm was tightly wrapped.So now we wait. We have eliminated Milk and Soy in the time being and are discovering quickly that that means pretty much anything in a pretty processed package. It means we will miss the convenience of the drive through, and this Momma will learn to cook everything from scratch, with wierd alternative ingredients. I love adventures, this is just another one.
No comments:
Post a Comment