Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Cleaning...

I have been itching to deep clean everything in the house. After 16 months of just getting the necessary done it was time for a real, throw stuff out, clean all the nook and crannies, day long, intense, cleaning MARATHON.

To accomplish this I had to enlist help, as there is no possible way to accomplish anything close to this magnitude with a toddler underfoot. A very brave Dadda volunteered to make this Momma's dreams come true, and take baby duty ALL DAY. He even put it on the official online calendar, woop woop. Oh happy day.

So while they did this...





I accomplished this...



Our bedroom has not been "set up/finished" since we moved in. I realized months ago that I hated our room, it was always last priority, hardly ever clean, and just blah. So for Christmas I got new bedding/curtains and end tables. Today I cleaned it like crazy, including the closet! It is so purdy I just might decide I like my bedroom!

Then I cleaned the bathroom, including a major revamp of the linen closet which has also been long overdue. Then I got real brave, and I mean REAL BRAVE. Our kitchen has been ravaged by a toddler. Things crammed every where to get them out of reach, a lazy susan that was his play ground, etc etc. Somehow under the sink had become a stashing ground and was literally filled to the top and busting out the baby proofed doors. It was a NIGHTMARE. Almost five years of married life, and lots of accumilation!



A nasty mid process pic just for you!



That my friends is the pile of things unused in uhhh years. Yeah, the unneeded mass of space wasters. OH MY GOODNESS. I feel so free!

Now time and energy vanished, and there is still a bit of leftover clutter to put away, but behind all the doors is pure bliss and beauty. I go to bed one happy, exhausted woman.


2 comments:

  1. You have motivated me to do this EXACT same thing. I have asked the hubs over and over to do it WITH me but ... it hasn't happened. So, I'm sticking him with N duty in a few weekends and going to town. Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my hubby isn't so big on the actual "doing" of the Spring cleaning either. Chilling with the kid, that can be handled!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...