Yes, that is indeed snow out my front door this morning. Apparently Mr. Winter is playing an early April Fool's joke on me. For you see, last week I packed up my sweaters and boots. It was, after all, 70 degrees balmy and sunny. Now what is a girl to do?
I am Southern, to my very core. I grew up in Alabama, and both of my parents were Florida natives. The South runs very deep in my family. I think my brother only owns a pair of "real shoes" because he has to wear them to work. Flip flops is the name of our game, and we take that game very seriously. When the first hint of Spring clearly shows, I pack up that deep winter stuff, and refuse to pull it out again. It has never bitten me in the butt quite this badly in the past. I guess I am still adapting to my new Northern living.
So the question for today is...
Shall I wear my new Toms, or proudly show my Southern culture and brave the snow in my flip flops?
No comments:
Post a Comment