That, of course, sends me into an instant panic. He is STILL a baby, and I still NEED that time. Silly Momma, selfish Momma. I know we are fast approaching the day when we will no longer nap in the morning, and I will have to get super creative about things like, um, showers! Until that day I will blissfully indulge in the quiet time that morning naps provide.
Now that we are off of milk, even though he isn't "allergic" to it, we awake from our naps a much happier creature. We have, for the most part, eliminated the blood curdling screams alerting Momma that we are in fact awake. I am not sure if it is the milk, or just an age thing, but I am oh so very grateful. Instead, he wakes up chattering sweetly and playing peek a boo with his Momma. I LOVE IT!
Now I have a quandary of my own. A 16 month long quandary, to which I still have come to no solid conclusion. What to do with nap time? Do I furiously clean and catch up on the things that never seem to get done, or do I relish the few moments in my 24/7 work day in which I could actually sit down and breathe deeply? Hmmmmm
Both! Some days, you just need to clean. Some days, you just need to nap/read/blog/zone out in front of the TV. You do what you gotta go!
ReplyDeleteN stopped napping twice a day at ten months. TEN MONTHS! That is incredibly early but she just decided one day that two naps was too much. She now takes a THREE hour nap from noonish to 3ish and it.is.fabulous. You might want to try transitioning to one ... it might be tough for a day or two but it sounds like Aiden is already on his way to one!
I might try that! When he does take a morning nap his afternoon nap is pathetic, I would rather have the opposite!
ReplyDelete