Saturday, July 16, 2011

Exploring the town...one weekend at a time!

It has been a glorious weekend. Yesterday we hit the beach and it was wonderful. When we got back my AMAZING hubby took all the laundry to the laundromat. SCORE. We had hot apple pie and ice cream for desert. It was pretty much the perfect day.

This morning Shem got up with Aiden and I miraculously went back to sleep...until NINE! No other words are necessary on that topic. Sigh.

Today we hopped in the car after Aiden's nap and just drove. Did you catch the plural nap? Yup we are attempting the great switcheroo once more. Aiden seems to make transitions naturally after big life changes, we figure this new traveling adventure counts! Plus we had a head start with yesterdays beach adventure. He did GREAT today, lets hope it continues!!!

We love to explore and what is better for that than a brand new town?! Though we apparently went the wrong way and mainly just drove through random neighborhoods it was still fun. The GPS on our phones is amazing as it allows us freedom to just drive, and still find our way home when we decide we have had enough adventure for the day!



Apparently we (I) also like silly in the car self portraits...







After we decided we were done adventuring (I thought I made that word up but spell check didn't catch it, hmmmm) we drove through down town to get home. Here are some sky line pictures just for you, and so our "adventure" doesn't look like we just sat in the car snapping cheesy pictures of ourselves for lack of blogging topics!



My least favorite part of the day was the "car pool lane" it was creepy, and secluded, and you couldn't always exit. I did not like it, I am weird like that.




The best part of the trip was the tunnel. I LOVE tunnels!!!!



Have you every seen Elizabethtown? Well Orlando Bloom drives through a tunnel...MY TUNNEL. It happens to be in Louisville, I used to drive through it every day on my way to work, it was the highlight of my day. I only watched that movie a dozen times before noticing he drove through it.

I would love to take a road trip, just to see tunnels. Maybe someday, but today we are just going to hit the pool and chill. It is a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...