Somehow I assumed a furnished apartment would have art work, so I brought nothing. In fact I was careful with the framed family pics I brought knowing I didn't know the color scheme I would be working with. The joke was on me!
We knew from the get go that something would need to happen to the walls. Yet we don't have the money to buy a bunch of artwork and painting isn't an option. So we decided to go cheap and get a little artistic!
I was a bit nervous to let my husband in on our little project. I am the one with an artistic background and I like perfection. However we went with a modern look in our little project and its a bit abstract. I found that I am not good at abstract, I try to be symetrical and perfect and that simply doesn't make for good abstract art. In the end I accepted three of the paintings I did for our collection of eight...and Shem did the rest. To be honest I would have been happier completely ditching mine but since it is just a fun project we kept them.
Tomorrow when they are dry we will hang them and finally give you a tour of our apartment with freshly dressed walls! See ya then...
No comments:
Post a Comment