Monday, July 25, 2011

A fresh week...

Sometimes a new week is just what you need. Last week was rough, we didn't sleep, there was lots of parenting guilt on this Momma's heart, and everyone in the house was cranky.

Yesterday started a new week. It is good to remember that each day is a fresh start. We are going through a series on Esther at church and I was convicted by one of the closing statements yesterday...

We don't have to engineer our life story, God ALREADY HAS.

I try so hard to plan, to work for perfection, and I fail every time. There is no perfection on this earth, and certainly nothing close to perfection in my life when worked out in my own strength. God has it all figured out, I don't have too. I need to learn to lean on Him, to trust Him, and to follow instead of lead.

Heart sigh.

Yesterday was one of those days that gives you a break from reality. Everyone was in a great mood. Aiden left behind the tired cranky toddler ways of the last week and was the cutest funniest monkey we have seen in a long time. He had us laughing all day. He cheered on the way into church, took a great nap, and was super happy waking up. It was kind of rainy so we ditched our afternoon routine of hitting the pool and opted for the mall. We had so much fun just walking around together.

Then we rode the carousel. Okay, alright, here is a sneak peak at what must be its own post...



He was so very excited and it was precious. Once Momma and Dadda stopped spinning we enjoyed playing chase in the house and snuggling our extra loving monkey.

Best. Day. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...